Art Late, our unique annual culture crawl exploring exhibitions across the city, returned this year in a new digital form on Thursday 19 & 26 August.
Our host, BBC broadcaster Gemma Cairney, presented an evening of artists’ talks, hands-on workshops and one-off performances – celebrating the rich programme of visual art across the capital for Edinburgh Art Festival.
Our first online Art Late event was a free curated tour of the Art Festival programme which included:
- An online evening event hosted by multi-award winning BBC broadcaster, author and activist Gemma Cairney.
- A film interview with Turner-prize co-winning artist Alberta Whittle telling us a little about RESET and presenting a performance called RESPONSE by Mele Broomes at Jupiter Artland.
- A live DIY Art motif making workshop with artist Alice Dansey-Wright.
- A film by gobscure at Edinburgh Printmakers.
- And a film of Alison Watt in-conversation with curator Julie Lawson on the exhibition A Portrait without Likeness at the Scottish National Portrait Gallery.